Monday, September 21, 2009

Daily Ponderings

This Friday is an impromptu class reunion. I am from Boyd Texas. A map dot, but home. I never felt that way when I was young living there but I do now? Only to some degree though. Too many ghosts. Not skeletons, you can't have those in a small town. If you don't know what your doing right then, just ask someone. Everyone knows what everyone is doing in small town America.

This is the last graduating class out of our "old" high school, which is one reason for the get together. They are building a bigger new one that opens next year. My best friend Melody and I, had 5 kids between us. Four boys and one girl. Three of those boys are Melody's. Noel is her youngest and the youngest of our kids, he is part of that last graduating class.  Why is this bothering me so much? It didn't even bother me that much when my kids left school.

I guess it means the end of an era and the start of another. I sure hope it is a good one for everyone. Congrats Noel. You have turned out to be one hell of a young man and I am proud of you. I am proud of all of you kids. I love you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment