Thursday, September 3, 2009

Daily Ponderings

Birthdays. No, not mine, my kids. Today is my son Johns 24th birthday and tomorrow is Heathers 22nd. It doesn't feel like it has been that long but I know it has been. Happy Birthday to both of you. I love you very much.

When my kids were born I did like every other mother. I promised to be the best mother I could be and to always love them no matter what. I hope that I have done that. I know that I have made some missteps and I know that you don't always understand why I did certain things, but know that what I did, I did with your best interest at heart. I hope that your lives are full and happy. LeAnn Womack did a song a number of years ago called, "I hope you dance" and I know Heather knows what it means. I do hope you dance. I hope that when you are given choices in this life, that you choose to live it on your terms. Not societies terms. Be true to yourself, ALWAYS. You will make mistakes through your life. We all do and that is how we learn, it is all part of growing up. Just be sure to live your life so that you have no regrets in the end.

I am proud of all my children. I love them all equally. Ben, John, and Heather. You have no idea how happy that makes me to be able to say that.

No comments:

Post a Comment