Monday, September 14, 2009

Another rainy Monday.

I think one of my co-workers put it best. It is starting to look like the second coming of Noah. Over a foot of rain in less than a week but that's ok. We needed it and hopefully it will wash this crap out of the air so my allergies will leave me alone. Of course I didn't win the lottery either, so it was back to work darn it.

I was watching the turn out in Washington DC for the "Tea Parties" and was somewhat surprised. I would have thought there would have been more people. Oh there was a bunch but I saw more people turn out for fireworks on the mall than turned out for the spending of "their" money.

There was a huge turnout in downtown Fort Worth on Saturday, even in the pouring rain. We were at Barnes and Noble and there were people everywhere headed to the convention center for the get together. The 912ftw group had put this together and I was impressed with the turn out despite the weather.

Oh and yes young brother, I was picking up my copies of Fountainhead and Atlas Shrugged... I also got the only copy of Black Rednecks and White Liberals. Pretty good bedside reading so far. I think today I will work on the ride report... been slow going there. Business is slow but that's normal in September. The weather and the economy are killing this industry. Selling lots of basic core product, IE: tires, chemicals, spark plugs and such but very little bright and shiny stuff. 

Well I will drop more later.

No comments:

Post a Comment