Monday, August 3, 2009

A political rant!

For those of you that know me, you know that I will get on that soap box from time to time. Today it looks like it is going to be that day.

How many of you know what HR45 is? I do and it scares the hell out of me. Have a look:

http://gunowners.org/hr45ana.htm

Yes you read that right... Gunowners.org.. Yes I am from Texas and yes I own guns.. PLURAL! As a former police officer, I am proud to say that I am extremely proficient with them. Yes I believe that there are those people out there that should not have guns. I also believe certain people shouldn't be allowed to breed either, but that is another story.

I am sure you know that I am not a fan of our current president but, as I did not vote I cannot bitch. Oh wait, yes I can.. See we still have this thing called the electoral college... sounds like a bunch of smart folks doesn't it? Well as a result of the smart folks at the college, no one will ever really know who the popular vote really was... See they don't vote popular vote and therefore we are stuck with who THEY picked... Oh well, that is another soap box for another day. Back to the issue at hand now.

Folks, if you have guns, you should be very scared of this bill. Read it and think about the consequences of passing that legislation. Drop me a line and let me know what you think . There are other websites out there that can give you a very clear picture of what life in the good ol' US of A will be if that passes.

I am curious to know something though. How after looking at previous presidencies, that this one man has moved more into congress and legislation in less than one year, than some presidents can get passed in their entire term. Makes you wonder doesn't it??

No comments:

Post a Comment