Monday, August 10, 2009

Ahhh here comes the vacation!

I have known this vacation was coming for a while but I just couldn't get excited about it. Until today that is. I love my job. I really do. I am one of the lucky people in this world who truly does enjoy what I do. But, some days just test your character. I took the high road, tough as it was. I refuse to give in to this unbelievable desire to remind people how childish and immature they are (just think cubicle life and you will understand). OK, enough of that...


I love to travel. I love to ride my motorcycle. Long distances don't bother me. As a matter of fact, sometimes, the further the better. This trip will be about 3500 miles before we are done. Mountains and Big Sky Country here I come. Forgive me if I don't get excited about coming home :-) Yes I love my job but WOW! I tell you, I am the easiest woman in the world to please. Mountains covered in trees and rivers.. oh and no people.. Did I forget that part? Maybe that's the hard part.



I have this REALLY long bucket list as I have stated before. I am marking them off pretty quick these days. I have made it my goal to ride every state before I leave this life. So far I can count off 12, that I have been through on a motorcycle. Not that many but not bad considering I have done those in three years.

The best ride? The Blue Ridge Parkway. I have loved a lot of places but that whole roadway it amazing. I had read about it. I had seen it on tv. Neither one did it justice. The speed limit on the entire ridge is 45 mph. If you doing that, your missing the entire point of the trip. If your in a cage, roll down the windows and turn off that damn radio. Talk to each other. Or better yet? LISTEN! To each other, to nature, to everything and nothing. Oh and if your on a bike??? LEAVE THE RADIO OFF.... You will never see wild life if they here you coming! (sorry pet peeve of mine)



These are only a couple of the amazing sights to behold. Oh did I mention that they are in the mountains surrounded by trees? Yes, I was a happy woman! Mother Nature reminds you why the world is such a beautiful place. I know there are other beautiful places and I hope to see them all one day. But for now, that drive, from Front Royal Virginia to Cherokee North Carolina, is by far the most amazing drive you will ever have the privilege of making.

And it is a privilege. If you don't take care of it, you won't have it to enjoy. So keep your trash to yourself... We all only have one body and one go around in this life. Well, we only have one planet and if you don't take care of it, you can't expect it to take care of you. OK, that was my tree hugging rant..

Happy riding to all and be safe! I will post more before I leave but, the best I am sure, will be after the trip...

No comments:

Post a Comment