Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Rain Rain...

Have you ever noticed that when it starts to rain, during the heat of the summer, that life just seems to slow down a bit? I don't mean the idiots behind the wheel... they only get worse. No, I mean that you step outside and just kind of relax? Maybe I am the only one that does lol.. The smell of rain on hot pavement is nice.

Spent the weekend working. Not the relaxing work at home work. No, this was spent with 200+ of my favorite co-workers and dozens of vendors. I had to come back to work to get some rest. The one consolation is that we don't have to do that again for another year. Don't get me wrong. Seeing the new products and vendors is always good. I like to sell and seem to be pretty good at it but you can't sell what you don't have or don't know about. I got to see Malcolm Smith again this year. For those of you that are not familiar with that name; Malcolm is an icon. The powersports industry would not be what it is without Malcolm. MSR is Malcolm Smith Racing.

I have decided I want a dual sport bike to add to my collection. I have been keeping up with the Go Big Ride (facebook or google) and they look like they are having a REALLY good time. That is what "being off the beaten path" is all about. We get off the main artery of highway when we travel but they get off the pavement. PERIOD. I know a few roads I have seen that looked like a lot of fun but you didn't dare take the cruiser down them. Maybe I am getting like Benjamin Button, getting younger by the year? That would be cool. If you haven't seen the movie, I won't spoil it for you. Good movie, but not as good as "The Bucket List".

I think that is what started all this. My daddy had a bucket list. He never got to finish his. I don't want to end up like that. I started a year or so ago, marking things off of mine. I learned to ride a motorcycle. I traveled to Japan. I traveled across country on a motorcycle. I rode the Blue Ridge Parkway. I won't name them all. I have a really long list.

Last year, I got to mark off the number one slot. See, in 1984 I had a son. I was not in a position to raise him so I gave him up for adoption. Something I have never regretted.

Last October, Ben found me. I have been so blessed. I bring this up, because today is Ben's birthday and for the first time in 25 years, I personally got to wish my son Happy Birthday. Thank you Ben. You have filled that hole in my soul and I can honestly say that I am happy.

Ok that's all for now. I guess I should get a few things done today. Check back this evening and I am sure that I will have more for you...

No comments:

Post a Comment