Saturday, January 2, 2010

New Year, new plan...

Well here it is a new year and a new decade. Good riddance to the last decade.

Now is the time for new thoughts and new actions. I cannot decide exactly which path to take yet but I am most certainly taking a turn.

I did manage to quit smoking last year. One good thing... Now I just have to work on the weight that came with quitting. No, I am not one of those who makes a "resolution" to lose weight. I quit making resolutions New Years 2000. No, I am resolving to make some changes to my behaviour and activities. Doing that, the weight will take care of itself.

Other decisions aren't so easy and clear cut. Change careers or not? Move?

I have been playing with the idea of going back into law enforcement. Not as an officer but as a dispatcher. Part of me misses it. The pay was ok, the hours sucked, but you always felt like you made some kind of a difference. That is the part that I miss.

I love what I do now, the money is good, the hours are better, but, you don't make a difference. Not to anyone. I haven't felt like I have accomplished anything in a very long time and I think that is what is eating at me.

You know how you feel like your just wandering through your life? No objective? Not accomplishing anything? Yep, that's me. No worries though, I will decide what to do.

I have a whole NEW decade to work through it. Happy New Year..

2 comments:

  1. Making a difference in your work is BS. Regardless of how many people's lives I have affected at the fire department in the last 9 years, I don't feel any real emotion. Once it's all said and done, the work day is over, when you shut that car door and start driving to your home you realize that you are still alone in this world and your happiness is yours to keep.

    Fact is, you're alone in this life. No one feels the pressure and struggles any person has. It's up to that person to reconcile with those issues and no job, anywhere, is going to do that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know that my happiness begins and ends with me. I also know that when I first started out I felt like I made a difference. I also remember why I got out. So, no, I am not going back to it. I just have a some things to accomplish to make myself feel better.

    ReplyDelete