Monday, September 19, 2011

Some days just suck..

Normally I wouldn't use a title quite so pessimistic, but today is different..

For 10 years I have worked at a job that I truly love, am very good at, and for a company that I love. I have also been lucky enough to have a boss that I respect and admired. I admired her for her strength, her intelligence, her drive, her dedication, and most of all, her patience... with me, with everyone.

We have known for years that she was sick. No one knew exactly with what, but whatever it was, it was bad and not getting better. A couple of months ago, she went home one day and never came back. We knew it was just a matter of time. No one talked about it. She would have hated that. It was just that unspoken thing..

Debbie was one of those women that you wouldn't dare approach and ask about it or offer assistance too because of it. She wouldn't have told you and/or taken it.. Very private. Very strong. Even when you knew she was struggling to get through the day or just to walk to her car. We all hurt for her and we waited. We waited for today.

Today, Debbie doesn't hurt anymore. Today, Debbie doesn't have to be the strongest one, anymore.

So yeah, some days just suck.

No comments:

Post a Comment